COROCAM 8 UAV
COMBINED IR AND CORONA IMAGING CAMERA FOR USE ON UAV
The CoroCAM 8 UAV is a combined thermal IR, solar blind corona and video camera, sized and balanced to fit into a standard commercial gimbal and to be lofted by an Enterprise grade UAV.
The UAV also allows for inspection from various directions of hard to reach overhead hardware. Having the camera closer to the hardware under inspection allows the visible camera to capture more detailed images of the physical condition of the components. This is required in order to assign maintenance priority using the EPRI guideline.
The combination of these 3 cameras makes it possible to do both thermal IR and UV inspections at the same time, saving time and effort. Co-location of electrical discharges and hot spots give the inspector more insight into the kind and cause of a fault.
Installation onto the UAV or a tri-pod is quick and easy. The CoroCAM 8 UAV can be remote controlled from a standard radio controller using PWM and SBUS or from a laptop running CoroBASE using an Ethernet data link. Recordings can be done on the CoroCAM 8 UAV or at a combination HDMI display/recorder ground station.
Combined UV/VIS & IR imaging | Radiometric IR | Fast installation & startup | High resolution video recording | Translucent UV overlay | Onboard GPS with booster antenna port | I/O connectors (HDMI, Ethernet, USB, RS232/485, PPM, SBUS) | Simple & powerful user interface | Onboard and external power options | Designed for UAV use | Remote control options
- A high sensitivity UV detector, which can detect UVc light at 2.05×10-18 W/cm2, this allows for the detection of the smallest corona discharges
- A 9Hz (or optional 25Hz) Radiometric IR camera module
- Control of a limited number of camera functions from a standard RC controller using PPM or SBUS
- Remote control of all camera functions from Laptop via a wireless Ethernet link
- Syncronised Smooth or Stepped Zoom of all 3 camera channels. IR & UV channels are zoomed digitally, visible is zoomed optically to minimum FOV, then digitally enlarged
- Manual or Autofocus for the Visible channel, UV and IR channels has manual focus or can be synchronized with the Visible channel
- Onboard still images, video and radiometric data recording in high-quality formats
- Fast set up & boot up avoids the need for power saving modes
- The On Screen Display (OSD) shows all the relevant information
- Easy operation of the camera via a multi-function keypad
- Manual or Auto Exposure of Visible and IR (Level) cameras, UV (Gain) is manually set
- Integrated GPS with internal and complementary external booster antenna
- Metadata recording of camera settings and measurement plus environmental variables manually entered – distance, air temperature, air pressure, ambient humidity, and wind speed
- Resizable UV Intensity sampling box
- UV overlay colors have 6 pre-sets or 255 selectable hue levels
- UV overlay translucency control
- UV threshold, Integration & Noise Reduction control
- 14 IR color palettes with contrasting Isotherms
- Auto or Manual IR Span
- Integrated LED Flashlight and optional Laser pointer
- Camera software update via download to SD card
- A USB port for media download and Ethernet port for remote control
- A 15 Month warranty